Friday 26 March 2010

Crisis? What crisis?

So said The Sun in 1979, in response to Callaghan's "I don't think other people in the world would share the view that there is mounting chaos".

Oh, but there was then, and there is now.

Thanks to a terrible mess under the watch of Labour in the 1970's, this country had to go on the beg to the IMF. We were bankrupt.

We still are.

Every government that I've been alive to see has borrowed more than it raised via taxation. How crap is that? Every single one of them has had money coming in from taxing the population yet still couldn't afford to keep its finances in check.

The Tories had to borrow, Old Labour had to borrow, but New Labour has taken this borrowing to a previously unheard of scale.

I am not paying for your mistakes Brown. Get the fuck out and take all of your red MPs with you. Oh, and by the way, those of you sitting on the opposition benches. Didn't put up much opposition did you? You may go too. Get out the lot of you!

2 comments:

  1. Quite right. I always used to vote Conservative I then decided that I would not support them any more as I did not know any more what they stood for.

    I have just completed my overseas vote form and I will be voting Conservative when the election is called. Why? Solely to get the current Labour incumbent out!

    Not very satisfactory, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very satisfactory at all, ON.

    "Anyone but Gordon" isn't the way I'd like to see it happen.

    So many fools, so few bullets...

    ReplyDelete